THE GATE EXAM
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Exam is conducted every year based on under graduate subjects. The score is used for admissions to various post-graduate education programs, GATE scores are also being used by several Indian public sector undertakings for recruiting. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technologies on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India.
RECRUITMENT THROUGH GATE (ME)
- IOCL – Indian Oil Corp.
- BIS – Bureau of Indian Std.
- DRDO – Defence Research & Develop.
- NHPC – National Hydroelectirc Power Corp.
- BARC – Bhabha Atomic Research Center
- ONGC – Oil & Natural Gas Corp. Ltd.
- HPCL – Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd.
- EIL – Engineers India Ltd.
- BPCL – Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd.
- NTPC – National Thermal Power Corp.
- BHEL – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- HAL – Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- BEML – Bharat Earth Movers Limited
- IPR – Institute for Plasma Research
- Coal India Limited
- BNPM – Bank Note Paper Mill India Pvt. Ltd.
- KRCL – Konkan Railway Corp. Ltd.
- OPGC – Odisha Power Generation Corp.
- NSPCL – NTPC & SAIL
- SAIL – Steel Authority of India Ltd.
and many more …..
HIGHER EDUCATION AFTER GATE (ME)
Another most Important use of GATE score is to pursue higher studies. A candidate having a valid GATE score get to choose from Top level institutions in and out of the country, which included Post Graduate and Doctoral programmes.
Some of the prestigious Institutes in India that provides Post-Graduate admissions through GATE are listed below.
- IITs – Indian Institutes of Technology ( 16 n.o.s )
- IISC – Indian Institute of Science
- NITs – National Institutes of Technology ( 31 n.o.s )
- GECs – Government Engineering Colleges across India
- Top Private Universities – Some of which ranked above Gvt. Institutes.
and many more….
Some of the Institutes Situated abroad that provides Post-Graduate admissions through GATE are listed below.
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Technical University of Munich
and many more….
ALL ABOUT GATE 2021
Organised by – I.I.T. Bombay
To be conducted on – Feb 5-7 & Feb 12-14.
- Students can opt for 2 subjects
- 3rd Year UG students can apply
- A new type of question is introduced – Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have choice of four answers, out of which ONE or MORE than ONE choice(s) are correct.
Note: There is NO negative marking for a wrong answer in MSQ questions. However, there is NO partial credit for choosing partially correct combinations of choices or any single wrong choice.
Total Marks – 100 | Total N.of Qns – 65 | Duration – 3 hrs
- General Aptitude – 10 Qns 1 or 2 Marks each
- Mechanical + Engg. Maths – 55 Qns 1 0r 2 Marks each
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) – These questions are objective in nature, and each will have choice of four answers, out of which ONLY ONE choice is correct.
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) – Discussed Earlier
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) – For these questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered by the candidate using the virtual numeric keypad.
No partial credit or Negative marks for NAT & MSQ type questions.
GATE 2021 CALENDAR
EVENTS WITH DATES
- GATE Exam Application – 14th Sept – 30th Sept 2020.
- Extended Closing Date – 7th Oct 2020.
- Request for change in Exam City – 13th Nov 2020 (Last date)
- Admit Card Availability – 8th Jan 2021 (From)
- Exam Dates – Feb 5th 6th 7th & Feb 12th 13th 14th
- Result declaration – 22nd March
Mr. Arun Krishnan
Mr. Rohith Palamootil
Mr. Vishnu Hari
Mr. Anil Chacko
Mr. Mathew George
Mr. Haris T A